Thursday, December 27, 2012

Let's Talk: Textbooks

I'm all about saving money and looking to get the best deal and let's face it, as a college student, textbooks are expensive. There's no way you can save money and get a great deal. I avoid the college bookstore like the plague, because it's too expensive. So, I resort to either buying them online or renting them online. My school allows you to rent them, but it's still expensive.

For the past 2 years, I've used Chegg, a textbook rental site. Compared to my school, it's a lot cheaper. But, I found an even cheaper textbook rental site called Campus Book Rentals and they are a lot cheaper than Chegg.

I rented my history textbook, Making America, on Chegg this year.




As you can see above, Chegg's price is $59 (plus tax and shipping). Campus Book Rentals' price is $45.51, plus FREE SHIPPING. I'm all about saving money, getting the best deals, and free shipping. So, you know where I'm renting next semester.

Campus Book Rentals saves you 40-90% off of bookstore prices, offers FREE shipping both ways, flexible renting periods, they donate to Operation Smile with each textbook rented, and you can highlight in the book. I love the fact that they have a flexible renting period, unlike Chegg, and that they donate to a great cause.

If you don't know what Operation Smile is, it's a charity for children who are born with a cleft. They heal children's smiles. These children are unable to speak, eat, socialize, and smile. In some places, these children are shunned and rejected and in many cases, their parents can't afford surgeries. Since 1982, Operation Smile has been giving smiles back to these children. They give free surgeries to children and young adults born with cleft lips, palates, and other facial deformities.

So, how does it work? Check out the video below.
CampusBookRentals.com RentBack

The views expressed in this article were my own. I would like to thank Campus Book Rentals for asking me to write this article and commissioning me for it.

Have a lovey day!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...