Friday, May 27, 2011

Summer is here!

School is finally over and summer is finally here (for me). It's warm right now here in NYC, 80-ish degrees today and the rest of next week.  So I definitely have summer fever. Actually I've had summer fever since like April, where we had a few days of warm weather. Anyway, because it's summer in my mind and summer isn't so far away, I've been doing some "summer preparation". I've been creating lists of things I want to do and accomplish over the summer (101 things to do in 1001 days), preparing for my vacation Maryland, prepping my travel art journal to bring with me to Maryland, and creating a summer art journal as well. In the summer I get very inspired. I want to do everything and explore and just live my life. The summer makes me very happy and I'm always (well, most of the time), in a great mood; today being one of them.


Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that I will be taking a FREE art journaling course online starting June 6th. It's called In The Sun and runs from June 6th to September 8th. Natalie Malik of Awkward & Beautiful is running the course and I can't wait for the prompts. I love these type of courses and I love free stuff, so it's perfect. And I also happen to love Natalie's art journal pages; they're pretty inspiring.

Speaking of art journaling, I'll be posting some of my pages on here soon. So keep your eyes peeled. 
And later today or maybe tomorrow or maybe next week, I'll be posting some inspirational things and some lists (lists for the summer).

Each post is going to include a song from my summer playlist. So for your listening pleasure I leave you with Time To Wander by Gypsy And The Cat. I think it's a perfect summer song. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...